An Effective Oral Supplement To Control Progression Of Vitiligo & Enhance Pigmentation
A novel approach towards management of Vitiligo to control progression & enhance Pigmentation
PATCHEX – A Effective Oral Supplement To Control Progression Of Vitiligo & Enhance Pigmentation
ROLE OF INGREDIENTS
POLYPODIUM LEUCOTOMOS EXTRACT:
- Polypodium leucotomos (PL) has been found to have immunomodulator properties.
- It is able to modulate the immune response after trauma, inhibiting Th2 (T Helper cell) pathway activation.
- PL extract has also been shown to display an inhibitory effect on the polyclonal proliferative response of PBMC (Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cell) to T lymphocyte mitogens that interact with cytoplasmic membrane molecules.
- PL acts as an antioxidant by quenching free radicals, membrane-lipid peroxidation, and ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) such as hydroxyl radical, singlet oxygen, and superoxide anion.
- PL is an effective chemophotoprotector against PUVA (Psolaren induced UVA)-induced skin phototoxicity and leads to substantial benefits of skin protection against damaging effects of PUVA as evidenced by histology.
PICRORHIZA KURROA EXTRACT
- Manifestation of vitiligo is reported to involve cell-mediated immune disturbances and recent studies have shown that both simple phototherapies as well as photochemotherapy affects the immune system by suppressing lymphocyte proliferation as well as decreasing leucocyte chemotactic activity.
- Besides the immune system, the status of liver function in patients of vitiligo has also been reported to play a vital role in the etiology and treatment of disease
- It can, therefore, be postulated that the potentiation of photochemotherapy by P. kurroa could be due to a summation of its immunomodulating and hepatoprotective actions.
- Picrorhiza’s anti-inflammatory action is attributed to the apocynin constituent, which has been shown to have potent anti-inflammatory properties in addition to inhibiting oxidative burst in neutrophils
- Ginkgo is known to have anti-inflammatory an immune-modulator, and antioxidant properties, thus potentially may affecting the oxidative stress mechanisms of vitiligo.
- The constituents of Ginkgo biloba have been shown to decrease oxidative stress in macrophages and endothelial cells.
- Ginkgo & its constituents have been shown to scavenge superoxide and protect against UVB-induced toxicity.
Silymarin inhibits cAMP phosphodiesterase thus increasing the intramelanocytic cAMP levels which can benefit vitiligo by-
- Activation of protein kinase A, increase the expression of microphthalmia –associated transcription factor (MITF), which in turn stimulates tyrosinase gene expression and induces the proliferation of melanocytic stem cells.
- Silymarin stimulates melanogenesis and acts as a potent antioxidant.
|Polypodium leucotomos extract||325 mg||Folic acid||1.5 mg|
|Picrorrhiza Kurroa extract||200 mg||Vitamin B12||1 mg|
|Silymarin extract||100 Mg||Elemental Manganese||0.75 mg|
|Ginkgo Biloba extract||60 mg||Elemental Copper||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||50 mg||Elemental Iodine||120 mcg|
|N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine||50 mg||Elemental Selenium||50mcg|
|Elemental Magnesium||25 mg||Elemental Chromium||30 mcg|
|Nicotinamide||20 mg||Vitamin A||750 mcg|
|Vitamin-E (Acetate)||20mg||Vitamin D3||(1000 IU)|
|Calcium Pantothenate||20 mg||Vitamin B6||5mg|
|Elemental Zinc||11mg||Vitamin B2||2.5 mg|
|Coenzyme Q10||5 mg||Vitamin B1 Nitrate||5 mg|
One tablet daily after main meal
- PUVA-induced skin photo toxicity
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Photo oxidative stress